Road safety contact(s)
Ms Elaine Keeler | Road Safety Officer | 01708 432806 | Elaine.email@example.com
The London Borough of Havering's Road Safety Unit is committed to improving road safety for all road users.
Our aim is to minimise road crashes and reduce the number of people killed and injured on the borough's roads through a combination of education, training and publicity. The Road Safety Unit often works with other agencies including Safer Neighbourhood teams, the Metropolitan Police, the London Fire Brigade, health services and road safety teams in other local authorities. Our activities include:
• Visits to schools to deliver road safety education
• The Junior Travel Ambassador scheme in Primary Schools
• The Youth Travel Ambassador scheme in Secondary Schools
• 'Safe Drive Stay Alive' - an annual theatre presentation for Year 11 students
• Road safety theatre in education for schools
• Visits to children's centres to deliver talks and give information and advice on child car seats
• Free child car seat checks (see below)
• Free cycle training courses
• Road safety campaigns and exhibitions
• Attendance at various community events to promote road safety
Free child car seat checks
Parents and carers can have their child car seats checked for safety by our staff. To take advantage of this free service simply call us on the number at the top of this page.