Finsbury Park will once again play host to a family orientated walking and cycling festival later this month, in a bid to boost active travel in Hackney, Islington and Haringey.
The 2019 edition of the annual ‘Saddle and Sole – Festival of Walking and Cycling’ takes place on Sunday 16 June (12-6pm).
Organised by Hackney, Islington and Haringey Councils, the event features a host of fun walking and cycling related activities including:
- Free ‘Dr Bike’ maintenance sessions
- Walking netball and walking football taster sessions
- Step back in time with the showcase of vintage bikes
- Fun walks – just sign up on the day
- Free bike security marking
- All ability cycling with the Pedal Power Cycling Club
- Cycling activities provided by Haringey, Hackney and Islington Cycling Campaigns
- Sign up for free adult cycle skills sessions
- 5km cycle rides at 2pm and 4pm – sign up on the day
Experienced riders can enter the 100km challenge, ‘The Italian Job’, which starts at 8.30am – click here for more information or to register in advance.
Saddle and Sole – Festival of Walking and Cycling 2019 is being held in Finsbury Park (N4), with entrance via Seven Sisters Road (opposite Blackstock Road). For more information call 020 8489 5351 or visit the Harigney Council website.
05 June 2019